ACES is an equal opportunity employer that encourages a culture of mutual respect, learning, motivation and innovation. We work in collaboration with the best minds in the publishing industry and ensure that all our staff have enough opportunities within the company to develop their skills, knowledge and attitude throughout their employment with us.
We are always on the look-out for experienced and fresh talent to form part of our consulting and publishing support teams. If you feel you have the required qualifications and skills listed for any of our current vacant posts or any other related posts, please email your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter clearly specifying the posts applied for.
Journal/Book Project Managers (Location: Chennai)
Minimum 1 year experience in journal/book project management with exposure to full service end-to-end project management workflows and experience in communicating with authors/editors/reviewers/printers.
Proofreaders/Quality Controllers (Location: Chennai)
– Experience in QC of copyedited ms against journal/book stylesheet/guidelines
– Exposure to editorial/layout requirements for international publishers
– Experience in proofreading and one-to-one matching of ms against proof
Coordinator -- Books Editorial (Location: Chennai)
– Minimum 5 years books copyediting experience, with at least 1 year of experience as a Copyediting Team Coordinator
– Excellent written and spoken English skills
– Ability to copyedit or QA copyedited books (of varying edit levels) in conformance to book-specific guidelines/ instructions
– Excellent analytical and logical skills, with ability to take/implement decisions pertaining to editorial styles based on book-specific requirements
– Excellent knowledge of English grammar, US and UK usage and conventions, and major copyediting style guides
– Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of LaTeX would be an added advantage.
– Ability to conduct preliminary analysis of new books and generate job study report listing instructions for copyeditors
– Ability to accurately assess level of editing required and declare edit levels of new titles
– Experience in planning allocations, monitoring jobs assigned and ensuring on-time and error-free delivery
– Experience in mentoring/training copyeditors by reviewing their submissions and providing constructive feedback to copyeditors
– Complete copyediting of samples or important sensitive books based on schedule requirements
– Coordination with Book Editors on editorial queries and clarifications on instructions
LaTeX Experts (Location: Chennai)
Graduates or postgraduates with minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience.
Experience in handling LaTex files of various complexities and subjects, including handling various complex components such as tables, math, lists, references, etc; resolving all types of compilation issues; and arriving at a final edited compared PDF.
Experience in working with Bakoma tex software and resolving any compilation issues and other issues with respect to generating a compared tex file with track changes and track change PDF outputs.
Experience in tex-related automation and implementing efficient tex workflows will be an added advantage.
Language Editors (Location: Chennai)
– Fresh graduates/postgraduates with excellent English language proficiency and passion for reading and editing content
– Ability to read content with an eye for detail and eliminate spelling/grammar/punctuation errors from scientific and technical content
– Proficiency in MS Word
– Experienced language editors are also welcome to apply
Acquisition Editors - India (Location: Chennai)
World Scientific Publishing Company (www.worldscientific.com), a well-established international STM company headquartered in Singapore, is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated Acquisition Editors for its Chennai office.
Primary responsibilities of this position will include acquiring globally saleable book titles from Indian authors, establishing long-lasting relationships with institutions and authors, identifying relevant trends and market demographics to expand the company’s publication program, maintaining a solid understanding of the markets, the competitors and the end users.
Candidates interested in joining this position will possess (a) a post-graduate degree, (b) experience in working with top academic/research institutions in India, (c) network of contacts among prominent academics/researchers in India, and (d) a basic understanding of the academic publishing process. Candidate should be willing to travel to institutions all over India.
LaTeX Copyeditors (Location: Chennai)
Graduates or postgraduates with minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience.
Experience in editing within LaTex files with familiarity in handling various complexities in STM LaTeX files, including editing various complex components such as tables, math, lists, references, etc; resolving all types of compilation issues; and arriving at a final edited compared PDF.
Exposure to various journal/book copyediting standards/manuals such as APA, ACS, CMS, etc.; scientific editing norms; and standard copyediting guidelines.
Expertise in checking basic language aspects such as US/ UK spelling and country-based editing style; resolving basic grammar issues such as subject-verb agreement, punctuations, capitalisation, hyphens and dashes; and applying style as per style sheet or special style instructions.
Achievement of monthly targets set with quality adhering to client guidelines.
“ACES encouraged me to complete a project to publish my co-authored book on ‘Unlocking the Enterpriser Inside! A Book of Why, What and How’. The Book Editors and Project Managers were always polite and professional throughout the project.”
“The entire experience of working with ACES on my books, ‘Tailoring Surfaces’, and ‘Aqueous Lubrication” was very enjoyable. I felt looked after, encouraged, and never hurried. It made me keen to publish with World Scientific again.”
“I like also to congratulate you for the accomplished project. Communications and responses went perfectly, hundred times better than my latest book experience with Routledge!”